Stroke Made Simple
by Nasser Razack
Stroke Made Simple is written for healthcare professionals who are drowning in the complexity of stroke care management.
Stroke Made Simple is written for healthcare professionals who are drowning in the complexity of stroke care management. The diagnosis and treatment of acute ischemic stroke changes at a phenomenal rate. Research trials continue to be published, recommending specific therapies that can increase stroke patient functional outcome. These advances have led to a paradigm shift and heralded a stroke renaissance in the treatment of stroke. This book simplifies the management of acute ischemic stroke and reviews the majority of topics that are encountered by healthcare professionals at stroke care centers. This book also analyzes the essentials of stroke without extraneous details in a form that is easy to understand, retain, and apply. Stroke Made Simple is a concise and practical reference that provides a comprehensive account of state-of-the-art advancements in the diagnosis and treatment of acute ischemic stroke.
- Reviews both neuroanatomy and cerebrovascular anatomy
- Covers multiple conditions such as ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, subarachnoid hemorrhage, intracranial aneurysms, vasculopathies, cerebrovascular malformations, venous stroke, cerebellar stroke, thalamic stroke, stroke and vision, basilar artery occlusion, anterior circulation stroke, transient ischemic attack, wake up stroke, and stroke mimics
- Discusses relevant processes including stenting and stroke,NIHSS, stroke imaging, contrast induced nephropathy, IV TPA administration, endovascular treatment, collateral circulation, prehospital stroke evaluation, hospital-basedstroke evaluation, and the 2018 AHA/ASA guidelines
- Provides simple protocols to diagnose and treat acute ischemic stroke
- Demonstrates how advanced neuroimaging is utilized to determine endovascular treatment candidacy
- User-friendly format
- Packed with multiple diagrams, algorithms, mnemonics, tables, and summary boxes for easy and immediate access to key information
Written by an experienced neurointerventional surgeon, Stroke Made Simpleis an essential companion loaded with up-to-date information for neurologists, emergency physicians, radiologists, hospitalists and other healthcare providers who manage acute ischemic stroke.
Nasser Razack MD JD is the Medical Director and CEO of Neurointerventional Associates, PA. He is a practicing neurointerventional surgeon who has been integral to the development and success of multiple comprehensive stroke care centers for over a decade. He is also the founder and president of Strokebusters, Inc. (www.strokebusters.org), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation whose mission statement is to increase stroke awareness.